SonomaCreative is looking for a creative and technically savvy individual with excellent project management skills. This position will be responsible for web development, managing multiple projects from initiation through post-launch implementation and maintenance, and directly communicating project status with clients, team members, and management.
General projects usually include a graphic design phase, a development phase (which includes the input of client content and product data into a full site management system with components such as: content management, email marketing, events calendar, and ecommerce capabilities), and then a post-launch phase. Some projects include custom development to deliver client specific functionality.
- Communicating directly with clients to define and implement website requirements.
- Managing in-house developers and outside resources in the development of approved site or application requirements from project initiation through post-launch phase.
- Drafting Functional Requirement Documentation, Use Case Specifications, wireframes and flow charts.
- Creating timelines and tracking progress of multiple projects, making sure they are on time and on budget.
- Communicating project status to clients and management.
- Providing project estimates.
- Minor HTML/CSS programming as needed.
- Experience with website design and agile development practices.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
Please send a cover letter, resume and links/examples of your best work to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always on the look out for talented web developers. If this is you, and you meet the following criteria, send your resume to email@example.com and we'll get in touch with you as soon as we can!
A Senior Web Developer works with the Lead Architect and Junior Developers and is responsible for defining requirements, building client web applications, managing project development and working as part of a small team of developers.
If you are not a programmer, please do not apply.
• Program web applications using various technologies, especially PHP
• Define road map for project deliverables in an agile environment
• Produce time estimates based on loose requirements
• Rapidly gather application requirements and write effective user stories
• Assess and identify development risk factors
• Quickly and independently develop project classes
• Work with the management to identify new business opportunities and product lines
• Build and provide leadership to the technology team
• Work independently as a hands‐on developer within a small team
• Design, build and optimize user‐facing dynamic web applications
• A passion for solving complex technology problems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to write functional and technical specifications
• Experience working in an agile multi‐developer environment
• Build tools for analytics, content management, localization
• Work with our systems teams to design internal API’s
• Create modules to extend PHP frameworks
• Ability to take requirements from lead developer and implement.
• Interact directly with clients
• 2‐3 years PHP5 OO programming experience
• Experience with Model View Controller (MVC) frameworks (Zend, CakePHP, Symphony, etc.)
o Strong DOM manipulation
AJAX ( jQuery, MochiKit, YUI and Dojo, etc.)
o Strong experience with SQL syntax and database design and implementation
• Experience with IDE development tools (e.g., Zend Studio, Eclipse)
• Experience with Agile Development Methods (Scrum)
• Experience with XML, SOAP, AMF
• Experience using SVN Version Control
• Experience in a Linux environment
• Strong Math Skills: ability to review, modify and implement optimization algorithms
Local candidates only. This job requires the applicant to be on‐site during working hours.
Telecommuting is not an option for this position.